D28745: Skip caching thumbnails on encrypted filesystems

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 11 11:00:52 BST 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D28745#675033 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28745#675033>, @marcingu wrote:

  > Ok, so, what I want to do now is to create static method `findByPath` which is going to return Solid::StorageVolume instance (is there a case in which we can expect something different than StorageVolume?).

  I don't think so, Storage Volume is any block device.
  This function may fail if the input path is not valid for instance.

  > Should it be `StorageVolume Device::findByPath(QString)` or rather `StorageVolume StorageVolume::findByPath(QString)`?

  My preference is `StorageVolume Device::findByPath(QString)`, to keep all entry points to Solid in Device and somewhat similar to the `Device::listFrom*` functions.

  > For implementation itself I want to create structure with mountpoints and StorageVolumes which will be updated if new Device is added/removed and we learn this via Solid notifications.

  Yeah that's what I imagined as well, but this is already taken care of by the base DeviceManager.

  > I am thinking it should either be part of `DeviceManagerStorage` or separate class similar to DeviceManagerStorage. Not sure which.

  Either way you can simply wrap the base DeviceManager.
  Your method should only be a utility function not adding new Structures, everything is in Solid already.

  > I don't know how to get a mountpoint for StorageVolume.

  You make me realize you should filter StorageVolume (any block device) that are also StorageAccess (anything that can be mounted) which has the mountpoints in `filePath()`.

  https://api.kde.org/frameworks/solid/html/classSolid_1_1StorageVolume.html
  https://api.kde.org/frameworks/solid/html/classSolid_1_1StorageAccess.html

  > What do you think about it?

  I like it