D28745: Skip caching thumbnails on encrypted filesystems

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 10 23:42:03 BST 2020

bruns added a comment.

  In D28745#674863 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28745#674863>, @meven wrote:

  > In D28745#674827 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28745#674827>, @bruns wrote:
  >
  > > In D28745#674711 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28745#674711>, @meven wrote:
  > >

  > > > Solid does not provide straight `folder => StorageVolume` yet, but I think Solid could have such a utility feature added.
  > > >  Something like `Solid::Device::findByPath()`, it would need to canonically and recursively resolves the path parent to pay attention to symlinks.
  > > >  This would also help D26407 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26407>
  > >
  > > No recursion needed, `stat` provides the device.
  >

  > Only when the file is not a symlink, if so we need to check the symlink target recursively, that's what I meant.

  Haven't checked the code here en detail, but the whole thumbnailing code has to work on the resolved symlinks anyway - for the data, for the thumbnail filename [1], and for the save policy.

  [1] https://specifications.freedesktop.org/thumbnail-spec/thumbnail-spec-latest.html#THUMBSAVE

  > 1. You need the **absolute canonical URI** for the original file, as stated in URI RFC 2396. In particular this defines to use three '/' for local 'file:' resources (see example below).
  > 2. Calculate the MD5 hash for this URI. Not for the file it points to! This results in a 128bit hash, which is representable by a hexadecimal number in a 32 character long string.

  >> And can you please use arc to upload the patch - it is nearly impossible to do a review with the missing context
  >
  > Or pushing it to https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/GitLab

  That would even be better, yes.

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras