D20532: Proof of Concept: Add double click actions to empty space in the folder view

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jul 18 16:47:45 BST 2020

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  Here's a recap. I might accept the patch if:

  1. The double-click triggers a single action. Could be "Go Up" like requested in the past or could be "Select All" like suggested on reddit. We should carefully choose which action to use.
  2. The double-click does not trigger the action if the user misclicks an item, because that would be very annoying. An easy solution could be to only enable the feature in single-click mode. Proper solution would be to check whether the double-click happens near an item, for some definition of near.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin