D23168: Use embedded cover in MP4 video files

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 16 08:58:14 BST 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D23168#675924 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23168#675924>, @hschaefer wrote:

  > After struggling with git (as usual since `git rebase master` did **nothing**) I came up with that diff.

  This is expected, if you have an old master branch / the same as when you started your branch.
  You can rebase only on branches that are not your parent.

  > I did:
  >
  > - `git fetch`
  > - `git diff origin/master`

  This does not edit your branch.

  Once you have fetched changes on your local master, then you can `git rebase master`.

  So run `git rebase master` now, that you ran `git fetch`. If it does nothing ensure you fetched the master branch `git fetch master`.

  If you are working locally on your master branch, i would suggest you to checkout a new branch where you are `git checkout -b diff-D23168`, then reset `git reset --hard master origin/master` to reset your local master branch to the origin/master branch.
  Then you can rebase your branch `diff-D23168` on master. `git checkout diff-D23168 && git rebase master`.

  If that's not clear I can recommend you the pro-git book reference on rebasing https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Branching-Rebasing