D26901: Resize previews and icons according to the preview widget size

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 26 11:41:45 GMT 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D26901#600914 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26901#600914>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > I'm still not a big fan of the huge "normal" icon, but at least now they don't look bad as in D11022 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11022>.

  We could easily keep the preview size under a value, like KIconLoader::SizeEnormous currently, but maybe bigger like 2 * KIconLoader::SizeEnormous.
  But I think that letting the user choose for himself the size of the preview, base on the size of the panel, is a nice feature.

  > I noticed there is flickering when you switch between a normal folder icon and a previews folder icon, in particular if you expand the information panel. Can you try to fix that?

  I guess you mean the transition animation between the two preview (icon and preview).
  The animation is good eye-candy when switching between two different very previews, from a file preview to a folder preview for instance.
  And I would argue that this is valuable when switching between folder preview and folder icon, because it informs the user, the preview has been updated.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin