D20532: Proof of Concept: Add double click actions to empty space in the folder view

Max Tsyba noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 26 07:20:27 GMT 2020

maxts added a comment.

  In D20532#581189 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20532#581189>, @ngraham wrote:

  > TBH the "increased maintenance burden" argument doesn't sit well with me. Every new feature or net addition to the code adds to the maintenance burden. In and of itself, this is not a problem; you have to weigh it against the value brought by the addition or change in question. We should be thinking about whether this feature is worth adding. If we find that it is, we'll find ways to offset or reduce or deal with the increased maintenance burden, the way we do for all net code additions.

  What can be a better value then improving user experience? In most of Linux DEs middle mouse click is set to work as Ctrl+V, so isn't it great to provide the same functionality in Dolphin?
  Double click action would be a very neat addition too. It can be seen from this <https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/de4sun/dolphin_are_you_interested_in_a_double_click_on/> discussion on Reddit, how many people actually liked this idea and will be interested in using it...
  I think this feature suggestion must be reconsidered.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin