D8208: Add Duplicate feature

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 19 16:12:18 GMT 2020

elvisangelaccio requested changes to this revision.
elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  In D8208#592754 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D8208#592754>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D8208#592667 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D8208#592667>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:
  >
  > > Well, that depends on the current sorting mode, right? If I have sort-by-modified then the duplicate file will jump to the top of the view even if it has the "copy" suffix rather than the "Copy of" prefix, no?
  >

  > If you prepend "Copy of," then it jumps around when you're sorting by Name or Creation Date.
  >
  > If you append "copy,"  then it only jumps around when you're sorting by Creation Date.

  Fair enough ;)

INLINE COMMENTS

> dolphinview.cpp:728
> +        if (extension.isEmpty()) {
> +            duplicateURL.setPath(i18n("%1 copy", originalURL.path()));
> +        // There's an extension; new filename is "<oldfilename> copy.<extension>"

Please add context for translators, explaining that %1 is a path.

> dolphinview.cpp:732
> +            // Need to add a dot since QMimeDatabase::suffixForFileName() doesn't include it
> +            extension = QStringLiteral(".") + extension;
> +            const QString directoryPath = originalURL.adjusted(QUrl::RemoveFilename).path();

`QLatin1String` if you want to concatenate, `QStringLiteral(".%1").arg(extension)` otherwise.

> dolphinview.cpp:735-737
> +            // Preserve file's original filename extension in case the casing differs
> +            // from what QMimeDatabase::suffixForFileName() returned
> +            const QString suffixString = originalFileName.right(extension.size());

I'd call this variable `originalExtension`.

> dolphinview.cpp:751
> +    forceUrlsSelection(newSelection.first(), newSelection);
> +    emitSelectionChangedSignal();
> +

What's this needed for?

> dolphinview.cpp:753-754
> +
> +    connect(m_view, &DolphinItemListView::roleEditingFinished,
> +                this, &DolphinView::slotRoleEditingFinished);
> +}

What's this connection needed for?

> dolphinview.h:374-375
> +     * Creates duplicates of selected items, appending "copy"
> +     * to the end. If only one file is selected, also initiates
> +     * a rename operation on it.
> +     */

Where is the rename operation in this patch?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin