D25856: Show IOSlaves that return local files when in local file mode

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 14 14:07:41 GMT 2020

fvogt added a comment.

  In D25856#594088 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25856#594088>, @meven wrote:

  > In D25856#575125 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25856#575125>, @fvogt wrote:

  > > > How would you do it in KIO?
  > >

  > > Add code to KFileDialog to allow specific protocols/slaves if the `file` scheme is supported.
  >

  > I would guess something in the slave interface sort of like `KDE-KIO-Protocols` in json/.protocol files expect it would be about supported output scheme instead of input/handled.
  >  Something like `KDE-KIO-Output-Protocols`
  >  Then there would be an equivalent to `KProtocolInfoFactory::findProtocol` to get those, like `KProtocolInfoFactory::findOutputProtocol`
  >  Basically ioslaves `desktop` `file` `recentlyused` `trash` and `tags` would have `"file"` set in there.

  IMO an overgeneralization: I can't come up with any use for that new key other than `file`.
  There's the `mostLocalUrl()` method already, so maybe it should just be indicated that `mostLocalUrl()` returns `file://`?

  > And also `recentdocuments` `timeline` for those who use those.

  AFAIK those can also have non-local URLs inside, so it's not possible to guarantee that only locally-reachable files are shown that way.

  > What do you think ?

  It seems like there's no easy way to fully implement this :-/

REPOSITORY
  R229 KDialog