D27647: throw out the windows variant of the smb slave

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 25 13:02:04 GMT 2020

sitter created this revision.
sitter added a reviewer: ngraham.
Herald added projects: Dolphin, Frameworks.
Herald added subscribers: kfm-devel, kde-frameworks-devel.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  it hasn't been built in ages because the top level cmakelists actually only
  adds the smb dir when samba is found (which would be never I guess?).
  it is also continuously ignored when sweeping changes are made (such as
  the move to json plugin metadata or the debug category change).

  overall it is entirely useless as native UNC path handling seems to work
  just fine these days in for example okular and kate. so, I very much
  believe that bespoke smb handling is entirely moot on windows (as it
  should be, really)

TEST PLAN
  okular and kate still open remote UNC paths without it on windows

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

BRANCH
  smb-no-win