D27523: Add an option to use a KUrlNavigator on the toolbar instead

Felix Ernst noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 21 14:40:35 GMT 2020

felixernst added a comment.

  In D27523#614973 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27523#614973>, @meven wrote:

  > > VDG questions:
  >
  > Disclaimer not a VDG member

  I didn't mean to discriminate. :P

  Thanks for the in-depth feedback! If I understand you correctly the biggest change you are suggesting is to make the KUrlNavigator of the DolphinUrlNavigatorWidgetAction directly control a ViewContainer instead of only synchronising it with the KUrlNavigator of the ViewContainer. I can see why this is the cleaner way of implementing this.
  I went with the approach of only synchronising with the KUrlNavigator of the active ViewContainer so the "internal" logic of Dolphin is changed as little as necessary and there is the least likelihood of introducing bugs to what is already there. Maintainability was @elvisangelaccio's primary concern after all.
  Do I understand you correctly? Are you sure this is the better way forward? I do think you can judge this better than me I just want to make sure. ^^

  I'll wait for basic approval before doing more programming on this.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin