D27318: Swap "Open in New Window" and "Open in New Tab" in context menus

Ilya Bizyaev noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 11 11:45:22 GMT 2020

IlyaBizyaev created this revision.
Herald added a project: Dolphin.
Herald added a subscriber: kfm-devel.
IlyaBizyaev requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Since Dolphin's default behaviour became opening in new tabs rather than in new windows
  (a very positive change, in my opinion), I always find myself accidentally opening folders
  in new windows from the context menu. This is because in most browsers with tab workflow
  (e.g. Firefox, Chromium, Falkon) the top context menu action is opening in a new tab, and
  my muscle memory plays a bad trick :) I'm aware of middle-clicking, but I find it
  inconvenient with my touchpad.

  I suspect I'm probably not alone in that, so I think it makes sense to swap these actions
  in Dolphin to match widely used apps.

TEST PLAN
  Open Dolphin, right click folders in the main view and in the Places panel, ensure the
  actions are indeed swapped

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

BRANCH