D27291: install smb as both smb:// and cifs://

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 10 15:42:51 GMT 2020

sitter created this revision.
sitter added a reviewer: dfaure.
Herald added projects: Dolphin, Frameworks.
Herald added subscribers: kfm-devel, kde-frameworks-devel.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  the latter while not IANA registered is apparently used in places. to
  cheaply support it we now configure the protocol file for both protocol
  'smb' and 'cifs' and installing two protocol files. they are still both
  backed by the same plugin and otherwise the same.
  code-wise this also required adjustments to the URL validation tech as
  it has hardcoded checks for smb schemes.

  FIXED-IN: 19.12.3
  BUG: 327295

TEST PLAN
  - cifs://host/share
  - cifs://host
  - cifs://

  all open correctly. they do get translated to smb because of the checkUrl code.

  checkUrl seems entirely pointless, SMBUrl does a bit of validation/fixing as part of
  updateCache. It occurs to me checkUrl should simply be incorporated into SMBUrl
  and we should construct an SMBUrl where we previously called checkUrl. before doing
  anything of value we construct SMBUrls anyway, so the isolated logic does absolutely
  nothing SMBUrl couldn't do just as well. also needs a unit test -.- ... too much
  refactoring for a bugfix though

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

BRANCH