T9895: Improving single-click / creation of contextual action toolbars

Felix Ernst noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 20 19:23:28 GMT 2020

felixernst added a comment.

  > That's great! Very much like what I was envisioning.

  Thanks! That's good to hear.

  > It seems like we would need to relocate the zoom slider and the capacity bar though.

  Not necessarily. As you can see in the mockups, the zoom slider is normally visible when browsing files. When files are selected one most likely doesn't want to use the zoom slider right now. Zoom buttons appear in the hamburger menu when the zoom slider is hidden.

  Similarly the capacity bar is normally visible for normal browsing and most importantly when navigating to another storage. The storage space in text form could always stay visible like in the mockups.

  The whole idea of the contextual area is that certain actions are sometimes hidden from the UI. The zoom slider and the capacity bar are mostly useful while browsing and not while manipulating files I think. I think the UI will seem overloaded if we just add the new stuff without hiding these two items sometimes.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T9895