T13545: Resurrect the Web Archiver

Stefano Crocco noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 28 13:45:23 BST 2020

stefanocrocco added a comment.

  I think it would be worth to put it back. I think `QtWebEngine` already provides support for doing something like it using `QWebEnginePage::save()` <https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qwebenginepage.html#save> (even if I never tried using it), however a solution which didn't rely on a specific part would be, in my opinion, even better. I remember that when I ported the webarchiver plugin to KF5 (before switching to `QtWebEngine`) I wondered why it didn't use `wget` instead of doing all the work manually. Of course, this requires having wget installed, but I don't think it would be an issue.

  As for the form, I don't have a preference: I'd be ok both with having the whole plugin in Konqueror or to split it as you suggest.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T13545