D28402: Provide ability to configure size cut-off for local file previews

Gaston Haro noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 30 01:45:14 BST 2020

harogaston marked an inline comment as done and an inline comment as not done.
harogaston added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in previewssettingspage.cpp:79
> A minimum of zero doesn't really make sense; if a person wants to turn off all previews, there's already a button for that in the main toolbar. IMO a minimum of 1 (or even higher) would make more sense here.

@ngraham I don't know how you would feel about the new changes. I removed the checkbox in order to simplify things and allowed the spinbox to take value 0 (for which no previews will be shown at all).
Previously you said that doing that (setting a value of 0) would be equivalent to unselecting "Show Previews" from the main toolbar. I though you were right but in fact it is different. The button on the main toolbar will affect both local and remote files, while each spinbox now affects each file type separately.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts on this.

PS: Also the spinbox for Remote Files Size Limit already takes 0 (in fact that is the default value) so this also brings consistency in my opinion and makes the settings simpler.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin