D25335: [Details mode] Allow to fill the column size of directories with actual size

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 28 07:13:36 BST 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D25335#657923 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25335#657923>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > I think we should default to "number of items", because we can't know whether the user runs an SSD or an old HDD. Better safe than sorry.

  That was my intend. It was just missing proper implementation, now done with `DetailsModeSettings::directorySizeCount`.

INLINE COMMENTS

> elvisangelaccio wrote in kfileitemmodelrolesupdater.cpp:770-774
> Why remove these?

To allow the slotItemsChanged to be called when new data about fileSize arrives.
It is needed to have progressive ordering of folder while the worker is walking through the directories.
Otherwise the view does refresh the column size as the results arrives.
The view is still updated with a delay to batch UI changes (m_recentlyChangedItemsTimer).

> elvisangelaccio wrote in kdirectorycontentscounter.cpp:70
> Why this change? What's wrong with `m_workersCount` ?

I intend to have a single worker KDirectoryContentsCounter, so why bother reimplementing a refCount ?

> elvisangelaccio wrote in kdirectorycontentscounterworker.cpp:47
> Why `toLocal8Bit()` ?

QtCreator was giving me a weird warning.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin