D29115: Add option to show hidden files and folders last

Gaston Haro noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 23 13:42:11 BST 2020

harogaston added a comment.

  Well for me it is pretty clear that this should be at least an option, if not the default. If you don't work with hidden files visible then this does nothing. But if you do, like myself, which view do you think is more useful/productive:

  F8255488: Screenshot_20200423_093317.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8255488>
  I open my home directory, i see only hidden folders. In most normal use cases I would go to my main folders like Documents, Downloads, Development, etc, i have to scroll through a vast number of hidden folders first.
  F8255487: Screenshot_20200423_093245.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8255487>
  With this option a user can still make use of having hidden files shown but also list the most likely often used entries at the beginning which only makes sense to me.

  I don't think this over clutters an already long menu. But these are opinions of course.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin