D28402: Provide ability to configure size cut-off for local file previews

Gaston Haro noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 16 01:43:09 BST 2020

harogaston added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in previewssettingspage.cpp:74
> I would put the whole text in this checkbox ("Skip previews for local files above:") rather than splitting it between a checkbox and a label

Yes, I guess it can be done. It is related to KIO code in the following way

src/widgets/previewjob.cpp:492

  if (itemUrl.isLocalFile() || KProtocolInfo::protocolClass(itemUrl.scheme()) == QLatin1String(":local")) {
      skipCurrentItem = !d->ignoreMaximumSize && size > d->maximumLocalSize
                        && !d->currentItem.plugin->property(QStringLiteral("IgnoreMaximumSize")).toBool();
  } else {
      // For remote items the "IgnoreMaximumSize" plugin property is not respected
      skipCurrentItem = !d->ignoreMaximumSize && size > d->maximumRemoteSize;

      // Remote directories are not supported, don't try to do a file_copy on them
      if (!skipCurrentItem) {
          // TODO update item.mimeType from the UDS entry, in case it wasn't set initially
          // But we don't use the mimetype anymore, we just use isDir().
          if (d->currentItem.item.isDir()) {
              skipCurrentItem = true;
          }
      }
  }

Do you think it is correct to allow for the "Skip previews for local files above:" spinner to take value 0 to note that no limit should be imposed for previews? Or any other suggestions?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin