D27523: Add an option to use a KUrlNavigator on the toolbar instead

Felix Ernst noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 15 09:35:16 BST 2020

felixernst added a comment.

  I'll have the icon removed for my next diff. Méven already told me the one-liner to remove it above.

  If I am allowed to proceed with this patch I'll also want to make a DolphinUrlNavigator class how he suggested. I think this will also allow me to make some mini bug fixes without adding more methods to already big classes. Like how KCompletionMode-changes and showing the full path in the navigator does not instantly apply to all tabs. Or how the latter isn't persistent in contrast to every other UI change in Dolphin. Well at least I consider those bugs.
  Other than that I would keep the general approach to the UI of this patch. I wouldn't want to go with @cfeck's suggestion because I think having multiple toolbars makes the UI for customising them too complicated for new users. I also wouldn't want to implement @ngraham's "move to the top when the toolbar is vertical"-suggestion because if Dolphin is supposed to allow for both positions of the location then I would think that we might as well keep the current look as a selectable option.
  But for now I'll go back to waiting for the permission to continue. ^^

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin