D28790: Add option to separate full path visibility for tab and window.

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 13 17:32:48 BST 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  In D28790#647298 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28790#647298>, @aprcela wrote:

  > In D28790#647213 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28790#647213>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > I wonder... might it make sense to just always display the full path in the titlebar? And as for tab titles, does it ever make sense to display the full path there? The amount of horizontal space is very small so the path will almost always be elided away into uselessness.
  >

  > Yup, that's exactly the setup I would use. Current settings allow only "full path everywhere, or nowhere". This allows the user to set it up as they want it. Showing the full path always in the window title and tab only current folder - I'd say go for it. But would every user prefer that? And... ain't KDE famous for the overwhelming amount of options? :)

  Yeah, but we're trying to move away from that and toward having good defaults and offering only options that make sense. :)

  > Also, is the way how I implemented this ok?

  The implementation looks sane, I'm just wondering if we should instead make the tab never display the full path (because it never makes sense there) and make the option only affect the window's titlebar.

  #VDG <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/vdg/> folks, your thoughts?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin