D28535: [KIO-MTP] Fix null pointer dereference

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 3 12:40:57 BST 2020

fvogt added a comment.

  In D28535#640656 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28535#640656>, @anthonyfieroni wrote:

  > You're right about bug report, but it can fail in any other place, just in particular version it happen in  `updateStorageInfo` Can we cache `getDevice` in m_device (in constructor) then use it everywhere. I think libmtp has guard against disconnected device and will not crash.

  `MTPDevice` already does that.

  If `getDevice()` returns nullptr, this means that `MTPDevice::getDevice()` returns nullptr. This can only happen if `m_mtpdevice` is nullptr, which will crash in `MTPDevice::~MTPDevice` sooner or later anyway.

  So this patch will at most just delay the crash.

  AFAICT `MTPDevice` is supposed to be destroyed in `KMTPd::deviceRemoved` on disconnection, but this is obviously racy.

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras