D28513: smb: use prettyname.local for hostname of wsdiscoveries

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 2 13:18:35 BST 2020

sitter created this revision.
sitter added reviewers: ngraham, meven.
Herald added projects: Dolphin, Frameworks.
Herald added subscribers: kfm-devel, kde-frameworks-devel.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  previously we simply used the ip address. this is fairly awkward though.
  instead try to deduce a resolvable host name from the pretty name.

  at discovery time we simply assume prettyName.local is the hostname.

  at listDir time we then attempt to resolve the name and if that fails
  strip the .local to get the presumed LLMNR/netbios name. this means
  the (first) listDir may be slower while we try to find a working hostname
  but discovery is still as fast as possible.

TEST PLAN
  wsdd on linux server resolves as expected, wsd on win10 also resolves as expected

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

BRANCH
  smb-lazy-resolve