D23757: Clean up hamburger menu and viewport and single-folder context menus

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 14 15:32:21 BST 2019

ngraham added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> elvisangelaccio wrote in dolphinmainwindow.cpp:1036
> I'm not sure about this one, since it will be disabled most of the time. If you want to compare 2 files you have to select both of them and then you will probably use the right-click.
>
> I'd actually keep the "Tools" menu, while I agree with the removal of the "Go" menu (since you can use most of its actions from the toolbar).

My thinking was that it would make sense not to show yet another submenu, especially since it would become a single-item group, with separators above and below it, which looks a bit ugly. The Hamburger menu is already a "curated" assortment of items.

> elvisangelaccio wrote in dolphinmainwindow.cpp:1048-1053
> Hmm, I don't really see what we gain by shuffling "Help" and "Show Menubar" and removing the separator...

There's no logical grouping of "Help" and "Show Menubar", so I didn't think it made sense to put them in a section together.

Also, removing the separator generally alleviates the  "separator overload" effect that currently contributes to the the menu being too tall and visually overwhelming.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin