D24602: New design for extended search options

Ismael Asensio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 13 12:54:54 BST 2019

iasensio added a comment.

  In D24602#546318 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24602#546318>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I think we could even get rid of the More Options/Fewer Options toggle button and just always show the search options now that they don't take up much space.

  I had also the same feeling, but I would like to address/discuss that later on when/if this (and some companion patches) get merged 😃

  In D24602#546343 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24602#546343>, @ndavis wrote:

  > Why do the comboboxes look so thin in the video?

  It is the standard height for a `QComboBox` with no frame. I think it picks an implicit minimum height from the selected items.
  I would like to match the height of the avobe `QToolButtons`, but I may need some help with that, as to what is the best way to know that height and then to set it.
  Anyway I'm going to play around with the layout and `minimumSize`and see if I can come with something nicer.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin