D20532: Proof of Concept: Add double click actions to empty space in the folder view

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 8 21:03:36 BST 2019

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  In D20532#542673 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20532#542673>, @fbg13 wrote:

  > In D20532#542522 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20532#542522>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:
  >
  > > Adding a new setting makes the code and the UI more complex and harder to maintain in the long term. We should add new settings only when there is no other way (this usually happens if a new feature makes sense only for a subset of users).
  >

  > But even if we go with just the "Go up" action, I think there should be an option to turn it off.
  >  I often miss the file or folder when double clicking and going up would be annoying.

  If a feature can be triggered by accident, we should fix that instead of adding an option to disable the feature. In this case, the double click should trigger the action only if it's not "near an item".

  >> Then we might reconsider this choice, of course.
  >
  > I asked on r/kde if there's interest for this feature and the response was good.
  >  https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/de4sun/dolphin_are_you_interested_in_a_double_click_on/
  >
  > @elvisangelaccio Hope that's enough.

  Interesting. I personally like the idea of "selecting all" on double click. I also see very good arguments in favor of not adding the feature as-is ;)

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin