D20532: Proof of Concept: Add double click actions to empty space in the folder view

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 6 13:43:58 BST 2019

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  Another thing that I forgot: the double click trigger should only be enabled in single-click mode, probably.

  In D20532#539606 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20532#539606>, @fbg13 wrote:

  > In D20532#539550 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20532#539550>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:
  >
  > > Sorry for the long delay. I don't think we should add an option to let the user choose what to do on double
  > >  But I could accept a patch that triggers the "Go up" action because:
  > >
  > > - we have a feature request for that with a bunch of votes (#307505)
  > > - in the past we had already 2 different patches trying to implement this feature: 1 <https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/129601/>, 2 <https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/123658/>
  >

  > Is there a reason why you're against letting the user choose the action to trigger?

  Adding a new setting makes the code and the UI more complex and harder to maintain in the long term. We should add new settings only when there is no other way (this usually happens if a new feature makes sense only for a subset of users).

  > What if there was a feature request with people wanting this?

  Then we might reconsider this choice, of course.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin