D22594: [Dolphin] Open Preferred Search Tool action

Piotr Dabrowski noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 17 09:27:37 GMT 2019

pdabrowski added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in dolphinmainwindow.cpp:1162
> Since this patch was made, we've re-organized the hamburger menu a bit to simplify it and hide not-commonly-used functionality. I think this feature counts, since it's an alternative to the built-in search, and as such, it won't be useful for the majority of Dolphin's users who use the built-in search instead. Could you remove it from the hamburger menu?

One more thing to consider: no alternative tool (including KFind) is installed by default (at least in Kubuntu and KDE Neon). So by default this action will not appear at all.
And if user chooses to manually install KFind or another alternative, then they may expect to have it easily accessible from this menu.
What do you think?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin