D24422: [dolphin] Improve parsing of Baloo query searchString

Ismael Asensio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 11 12:23:06 GMT 2019

iasensio added a comment.

  In D24422#560404 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24422#560404>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > In D24422#560282 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24422#560282>, @bruns wrote:
  >
  > > The problem with the original code is it mixes the model and the view.
  > >
  > > Please do the following:
  > >
  > > 1. Split the current code to model/view, i.e. move the "rating + filename + remainder" into a separate trivial class
  > > 2. Populate the model class from the existing parser, populate the view from the model
  > > 3. Add the unit test you have written (of course, no longer testing the DolphinSearchBox, but the model) (some tests have to be marked as XFAIL).
  > > 4. Update the parser, update the XFAILs
  > >
  > >   Splitting model/view makes it much easier to extend the searchbox later, and to e.g. reuse Baloos parser.
  >

  > Not sure we have time to do all of that before the 19.12 freeze though (which is next Thursday). So I'd suggest to merge this patch and then open a refactoring task targeting dolphin 20.04. Would you be ok with that?

  I have manage to follow @bruns refactor suggestions, but it is a stack of 4 different commits. I will upload them in parallel with this "quick fix", so you can choose whichever you find more suitable for the the 19.12/20.04 release.
  Sorry for the bad timing in relation to 19.12.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin