D11382: Add an option to show tabs from last time when Dolphin starts

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 1 13:59:09 GMT 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  So the main problem I want to fix is the session restore path ::savePropertiesInternal saves some other stuff (size, toolbars, menus) before calling saveProperties.

  I also hoped that we could just do one KConfigGui::setSessionConfig()  and re-use a load more code. But in hindsight, we can't re-use that much as the teardown order is different.
  We want to save the window state when we quit, but from an app POV we only know we're going to quit after we've closed the window..so we end up putting code in the window anyway.

  Dolphin: https://phabricator.kde.org/P487
  KXmlGui: https://phabricator.kde.org/P488

  I did a version ^. It fixes the first point, there's now only one restore path, but there's still two saving paths. So I'm less convinced it's much better.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

BRANCH
  arcpatch-D11382