D21312: [Places] Draw 2px rectangle disk capacity bar underneath mount points

Chris Holland noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 22 05:39:27 BST 2019

Zren added a comment.

  In D21312#468223 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21312#468223>, @cfeck wrote:

  > We disabled this feature because KDiskFreeSpaceInfo caused hangs for offline network mounts. Has this changed?

  Do you know what specific part is slow?

  Could we check `KMountPoint::probablySlow()` and skip those devices?

  Ideally, isMountPoint, usedSpace. and totalSpace should be lazy loaded and not block.

  - https://github.com/KDE/kio/blob/master/src/core/kdiskfreespaceinfo.cpp#L105
  - https://github.com/KDE/kio/blob/master/src/core/kmountpoint.h#L120
  - https://github.com/KDE/kio/blob/master/src/core/kmountpoint.cpp#L456

  In D21312#468221 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21312#468221>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I think what bugs me is the fact that the bar is below Root as well. If the only Places panel entries to get capacity bars were actual devices, I think it might feel better. And we're actually planning to remove the Root entry soon anyway: D15739 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15739>. I just need to get around to fixing the test...

  Ah, yeah. I had forgotten `Root` isn't at the top of the places list. The capacity bar would look weird if it was in the middle of the list. I'll see about only showing it in the devices group like the file picker.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin