D19661: Make global view properties the default setting

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 12 19:40:51 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  I think global view properties is actually a better default. Also, yeah, reverting it at this point would only worsen the confusion.

  The problem here is that throughout KDE software, changing defaults has the effect of changing it for existing users' who have not previously changed that setting (even if they changed it, then changed it back to the default setting). This isn't a Dolphin-specific problem but I think it would definitely be worth the effort to improve KConfig so that developers could specify whether a defaults change should affect un-changed settings or not.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin