D21025: Rewrite servicemenu helper utility in Rust

Alexander Potashev noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 8 21:00:16 BST 2019

aspotashev abandoned this revision.
aspotashev added a comment.

  Hi,

  I'm not happy with Ruby because of the runtime dependency. The same applies to Python, moreover Python is two not exactly compatible versions python2 and python3 which will probably complicate things.

  C++ should be OK, however I wrote this in Rust as an experiment to

  - Make the code safer, more concise and bulletproof than it would be in C++.
  - Learn myself some Rust.

  Now I realise Rust is a no go here because calling KI18n's i18n() or any other Qt FFI is going to be non-trivial until there are well-maintained Qt/KF5 bindings for Rust.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin