D21025: Rewrite servicemenu helper utility in Rust

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 5 10:18:22 BST 2019

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  Sorry, if we rewrite the helper in Rust we would get rid of the Ruby runtime dependency (what #399229 complains about), but we would introduce other problems. The additional rust toolchain would make dolphin harder to build, meaning more effort for packagers and first-time contributors.

  Another thing: if we decide to rewrite the helper from scratch, we should fix its long-standing issue of lack of localization. Which means the helper ideally should just be a standard Qt program linking to ki18n.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin