D20026: Go up in folder hierachy when in "edit mode"

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 26 21:04:13 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D20026#438993 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20026#438993>, @krutovmikhail wrote:

  > ngraham, in Dolphin, this commit is to blame for loosing editMode on changing URL: https://github.com/KDE/dolphin/commit/2af331b42c0514f4fdf848d0cc22f02717f7bec0
  >
  > I don't think that this behavior has any logic in it to be honest; but it seems that it was explicitly implemented to work that way.

  Yeah, it almost seems like that change was not really what was requested in the relevant bug report. Though it's kind of hard to tell.

  Regardless, we don't work around  apps' behavior in library components. So we should remove the workaround here and figure out how to handle Dolphin separately, either by reverting that change or fixing it so that it works with this new behavior in the URL navigator widget.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO