D19831: Create a global launch shortcut (Meta+E)

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 24 10:53:08 GMT 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Here's the patch in spectacle: D19310 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19310>

  A bit of background, Plasma wants to kill khotkeys since forevers. It splits the shortcuts UI, the UI is backwards, and the extra parts that aren't shortcuts simply don't work.
  Obviously we want to do that without regressions, and therefore I don't want to introduce more things that need porting.

  The shortcuts UI was changed to add app launching. Systemsettings -> global shortcuts -> + -> select dolphin.

  (runtime kglobalaccel part: https://phabricator.kde.org/D2103)

  Apps should be able to set a default via the X-KDE-Shortcuts keyword and co-installing the .desktop file into another path.
  It definitely definitely needs some docs, and maybe some code fixes, but it's got all the code.

  Whilst we're at it. Konsole was patched control+alt+t https://phabricator.kde.org/D13708 this is meta + e . I don't have an opinion on which is better, but having a random mix of styles definitely isn't right.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin