D19786: Fix WebDAV directory renaming if KeepAlive is off

Robert Hoffmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 21 16:54:05 GMT 2019

hoffmannrobert added a comment.

  In D19786#433580 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19786#433580>, @sitter wrote:

  > setting server to keepalive=false? what is this? the 90's? :O

  Perhaps they are low on memory? I don't know, I can't change that.

  > wouldn't it be simpler to `finishDav` and recurse `rename` with the redirected url? the code inside the conditional block is basically a code copy of the code above, so why not just throw away the duplicated code and start the request
  >  from the top? it'd solve this issue and prevent future issues at the cost of performance when/if renames are carried out without trailing slash but be 100% more reliable. or at the very least call `resetSessionSettings` before the new request is set?

  Calling davFinished() isn't possible here, it calls SlaveBase::finished() and that prints a warning "finished() called twice! Please fix...". I think, it would have to be dispatch()ed to change the d->m_state to d->InsideMethod.

  I changed it to call resetSessionSettings() now.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO