D19824: KFileWidget In saving single file mode an enter/return press on the KDirOperator triggers slotOk

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 18 20:32:53 GMT 2019

meven added a comment.

  In D19824#433831 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19824#433831>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Thanks for the patch, and for adding a test!
  >
  > Question: how come the return/enter key currently works for this use case in the open dialog without all this extra code?

  In the open dialog or save dialog with select + enter or select + double/simple click cases, the event activated is emitted which triggers slotOk.
  Activated is emitted only when a file is selected.

  Here we expect enter/return to work without selecting a file.
  We can view the KDirOperator here as both a file selector (to overwrite a file) or a directory selector to save the file in the selected directory depending on the user interaction.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO