D19535: Correctly position context menu of the information panel under wayland with a secondary screen

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 5 17:17:46 GMT 2019

meven added a comment.

  In D19535#425287 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19535#425287>, @ngraham wrote:

  > This feels like a workaround to the actual issue itself. Why don't the context menus appear in the right place automatically? That seems like something that #KWin <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/kwin/> is responsible for.

  The origin of the issue is that on  a fresh new dolphin window on the left screen QCursor->pos() returns always QPoint(0,0) which is not correct.

  After some more testing I discovered that once I switch the window to the other screen and back, the cursor position can be correct sometimes or has different bad position (not (0,0)), and on the other screen the cursor position con be become incorrect as well.

  Also I wrote this code this way based on PlacesPanel::slotItemContextMenuRequested which is not affected by the same bug.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin