D16648: Open externally called files/directories in new tabs

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 4 03:54:39 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D16648#424130 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16648#424130>, @feverfew wrote:

  > However after merging the KF5 min version has changed to 5.56 and so I am unfortunately am unable to test the code atm and don't have the time to switch disros. On that note, I currently use Kubuntu 18.10, any recommendations on a distro which doesn't have archaic versions of KDE frameworks/applications. I was thinking OpenSUSE TumbleWeed or KDE Neon, thoughts?

  **Easy-but-might-not-work option**: change the minimum frameworks version in `CMakeLists.txt` to match the latest version that you have on disk. If the version was bumped just because of new icons or something, this will work. If Dolphin then fails to build because the dependency was bumped because of using new API in KIO or something, then you'll probably to use the...

  **Harder-but-more-correct option**: build all the frameworks from source. It's not actually hard at all. Here's how: https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/development#One-time_setup:_your_development_environment. I'm generally available to help on the #kde-devel IRC/Matrix channel. If you don't want to do this, then there's always the...

  **Easy-but-uses-a-ton-of-disk-space option**: Put KDE Neon dev unstable in a VM and develop in that. When you compile, install to `/usr`. Boom, done. This does tend to take up quite a lot of space, though.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin