D22144: Add kio recentlyused:/ to access KactivitytStats data

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 17 16:13:52 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Indeed, it was a database issue. Looks like that's on kactivitymanagerd, not you!

  It's probably too late to get this into 19.08 unfortunately. In my experience big new features like this shouldn't be merged right before the deadline.

  In addition to the inline comments I've left, I'd like to request less usage of `auto`. I find it hard to understand what types are being used in `recentlyused.cpp` where auto has been used. And in some cases it's just unnecessary; for example `auto limitInt` could just be `int limit` instead, which would be clearer.

INLINE COMMENTS

> recentlyused.cpp:28
> +#include <QFileInfo>
> +#include <QDebug>
> +#include <QUrl>

Remove

> recentlyused.cpp:143
> +            query = query | Agent::current();
> +        }else if (agentValue.contains(QLatin1Char(','))) {
> +            query = query | Agent(agentValue.split(QLatin1Char(',')));

Missing a space before `else if`

> recentlyused.cpp:211
> +
> +    for(int r = 0; r < model->rowCount(); ++r) {
> +        QModelIndex index = model->index(r, 0);

space after `for`

> recentlyused.h:30
> + * Implements recentlyused:/ ioslave
> + * It uses KAcitivitiesStats as a backend (as kicoff/kicker do).
> + *

`KAcitivitiesStats` -> `KActivitiesStats`

> recentlyused.h:49
> + *
> + *   Filters resourcess based on the url of the resource, can cantain schemes.
> + *   Path can contain '*', defaults to no filtering.

`resourcess` -> `resources`
`cantain` -> `contain`

> recentlyused.h:87
> +    void mimetype(const QUrl& url) override;
> +    // void del(const QUrl& url, bool isfile) override;
> +

Don't commit commented-out code. If this really needs to be commented out, it needs a comment explaining why.

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras