D22303: Fix name grouping feature for cyrillic names

Andrey Yashkin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 8 12:22:21 BST 2019

AndreyYashkin added a comment.

  In D22303#491971 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22303#491971>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > Thanks for the patch!
  >
  > Given that the correctness of this code depends on the locale, I'm not confident we won't break some corner cases.
  >  Ideally we'd need more unit tests in `KFileItemModelTest::testNameRoleGroups()`, but I understand that's a lot to ask.
  >
  > @cfeck in the bug report suggested to add more letters ranges. @AndreyYashkin Did you try that?

  As I understand the puprose of vector "lettersAtoZ" is to put words like "Ottava" and german "Österreich" in one latin "O" group. It seems to be some feature of german language that was taken into account by the author of code. I cannot speak for all who use cyrillic script, but in russian we do not expect anything like this. Thatwhy I discarded the idea of one more range. In addition, it may be wrong to apply such behavior for all languages that use extended latin alphabets.

  QCollator thinks that cyrillic symbols are less than latin characters, while chinese and others are bigger. For this reason, it is necessary to put them in a new group without searching them in the vector or they will be putted in latin "A" group.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

BRANCH
  fix_for_bug_406867 (branched from master)