D21878: Rewrite servicemenu helper utility in C++

Alexander Potashev noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 4 21:05:28 BST 2019

aspotashev added a comment.

  > src/settings/services/servicemenuinstaller/servicemenuinstaller.cpp
  > 35–42
  >  Since we are in a Qt program now, we could just open a KMessageBox rather than spawn another process just to show an error dialog (and kdialog might not even be installed).
  >
  > 71–77
  >  Same here. We should use QMimeDatabase rather than run xdg-mime.

  This patch is about rewrite to C++. What you suggest are good ideas, but can be done as separate patches, from my POV they are of lower priority.

  Besides the two issues you mentioned, the current implementation also has a huge bug that stops many services menus from being installed: the installation scripts are run from a wrong current working dir. I already have a patch to fix it, however I will post it when this one lands because otherwise it's hard to publish the second patch with Phabricator.

  To be exact, KMessageBox is not equivalent to `kdialog --passivepopup`.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin