D18563: Don't create directory tree when a new folder has a '/' in the name

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 30 20:25:07 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Here's an idea for an overall nicer user experience: instead of letting people choose whatever name they want in the new file & new folder dialogs and then displaying an error message (inline or in dialog form) once they click "OK", we could have the new file & new folder dialogs display an inline error message using a KMessageWidget if the name is invalid, and then disable the "OK" button until they change the name. Then for ambiguous cases like this one, it could display a warning message saying something along the lines of `Since slashes are not permissible characters in folder names, this will create a folder tree rather than a folder named "a/b/c"` or something like that. With this, we could remove all of those annoying pop-up dialog box errors we've added recently too.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO