D18273: Bring back KActivities support

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 16 09:29:25 GMT 2019

broulik added a comment.

  >   I have no clue what KActivities::ResourceInstance actually does, but it doesn't seem to break anything either.

  It tells the system about what item (folder in this case) you're currently looking at.
  This allows KActivitiesStats tracking about what folders are frequently viewed as well as enables the Quick Share plasmoid to function.
  Arguably, for a file manager this isn't very useful, but it's in principle the same thing Gwenview and others do.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin