T9895: Improving single-click

Richard Addison noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 6 17:44:49 GMT 2019

raddison added a comment.

  What's the point of so much text? Bring methodological proof of which is overall better than the other. Leaning towards what the sheeple expect is populism. Please avoid the pitfalls of democracy or else democracy may backfire. The metrics only reveal that most people are not intelligent, hence not qualified to make decisions. I don't believe in elitism proper but voting is a skill and not a random intuition. The same applies here.

  Here's the thing. Windows has double by default but people who have higher-than-average IQ switch to single. Plasma has single by default but people who have lower-than-average IQ ask someone else to switch it to double for them. Stop the nonsense. Make it double by default but don't make it hard on me to switch it back to single.

  Other than that, there are physically challenged people for whom only single works. That alone is example enough of why single is overall better. There are countless valid reasons but if you have buried your head in the sand then I give up. You wish!

  Do not bombard me with random links and don't flood me with text. People who are satisfied with single don't complain. It's a no-brainer. Anyone who has an ounce of brains knows what I mean.

  You cannot amend the guidelines with something as generic as "good defaults". First you have to define "good" or else it's a manipulative and arbitrary undertaking. I trust that we have not become fools.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T9895