D18768: Extend Open Document thumbnailer to Office Open XML

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 5 19:38:45 GMT 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, VDG, Frameworks.
Herald added projects: Dolphin, Frameworks.
Herald added subscribers: kfm-devel, kde-frameworks-devel.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This tries to extract the `docProps/thumbnail.*` from `.docx`, `.xlsx`, `.pptx` as well as their templates.

TEST PLAN
  I found that a few of my newer `.docx` most `.pptx` actually contain a `docProps/thumbnail.jpeg` file we can extract. The samples I have are quite small, so please give it a try if you deal with those file types. Internet suggests it can also be `thumbnail.jpg` and `thmbnail.emf` (if Qt can even read that..) so the path isn't hardcoded for those.

  The thumbnailer library name is kept to avoid changes when user updates and both do have "open" in the name :) I just dropped the Open Document Files suffix

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

AFFECTED FILES
  thumbnail/opendocumentcreator.cpp