D25335: [Details mode] Allow to fill the column size of directories with actual size

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 4 17:03:38 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Thanks, it no longer crashes now.

  I noticed one more quirk. When sorting by size and expanding a subfolder, the contents are sometimes (not always) not sorted correctly: F7799185: Screenshot_20191204_100210.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7799185>

  Let's talk through the setting that I'm objecting to. What happens if, say, we allow infinite recursion? Will Dolphin freeze on slow hard drive systems? What's the worst-case scenario if we allow no user-facing configuration of the performance consequences of this feature.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin