D23538: [dolphin] Animate gifs on preview

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 29 19:02:45 BST 2019

meven added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> iasensio wrote in pixmapviewer.cpp:45
> Should it also be destroyed on animation stopping? Or only if a different non-animated item gets loaded? Or that would be an extra penalty in creation/destruction.

I don't think it is necessary.
Once this has been initiated we have good chances that it will serve again.
And keeping it is just a little memory occupied while destroying will use some CPU and some more if and when the animatedImage is used again.

You can replace `m_animatedImage = nullptr;` here with a declaration in the constructor :

  PixmapViewer::PixmapViewer(QWidget* parent, Transition transition) :
      QWidget(parent),
      m_transition(transition),
      m_animationStep(0),
      m_sizeHint(),
      m_animatedImage(nullptr)

I am not even sure it is necessary to declare it at all.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin