D22144: Add kio recentlyused:/ to access KActivityStats data

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 28 10:05:56 BST 2019

meven added a comment.

  In D22144#520684 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22144#520684>, @dfaure wrote:

  > Yep. Either query argument, or KIO metaData(). Both require explicit action from the application, there's no magic currently to know which app is making the request. We could add that, but there are so many way to identify an application that I'm not sure it would work for all cases.

  This "magic" precisely is what I would have wished to find, it seemed to me something other ioslaves might want, to have contextual log or error message at least.
  The pid of the calling application could be a minimum.
  The application parameter is already here, it is called agent here.
  It will be on KFileWidget to fill this parameter, which should be fine.
  Anyway that's another day issue.

  Should I wait a few days more days for review, or merge to broaden the testing population ?
  D7446 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7446> is the next step

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

BRANCH