D23232: [dolphin] Make search action toggle the searchbar

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 17 23:29:35 BST 2019

ngraham added a subscriber: elvisangelaccio.
ngraham added a comment.

  Thanks for the patch! In fact, this comes up a lot. I'm aware of at least two other patches that have attempted to fix it: D10246 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10246> & D12094 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12094>. Both of their submitters have effectively abandoned them, so I think we can move forward with this.

  However both prior patches have run into the same objection: that for people who prefer to keep the search bar always open, the keyboard shortcut should focus its search field rather than closing the search panel. However the fact that we now have no fewer than //three// independently-submitted patches to do the same thing is IMO pretty powerful evidence that this needs to be fixed somehow. @elvisangelaccio

  If you can figure out a way to make [ctrl] + [F] focus the search field when the search panel is already open rather than closing it, I think this patch could be a winner.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin